TransAID welcomed you for an interactive discussion and exchange of information regarding traffic management and connected, cooperative and automated driving!
TransAID Final Event Conference
The TransAID Final Event was held on 1 and 2 July 2020, online. Our event targeted connected, cooperative, and autonomous technologies for cooperative and automated road transport. We welcomed experts from related domains and fostered the interactive exchange of academia, authorities, and industry.
Recent developments in telecommunications, sensor, information processing and control technologies have enabled substantial progress in the domain of ITS. Automated driving is on the horizon, and will still need substantial and longer-term development and testing to make even the high automation levels a reality in complex situations, such as in a transit period of only partial market penetration. Cooperative and automated transport are certainly complementary. They are expected to bring substantial benefits in terms of road safety, comfort, (traffic and fuel) efficiency, environmental friendliness (therefore air quality improvement) and economic growth. Many challenges exist in this important domain.
Our event targeted the challenges of connected and cooperative systems towards automated driving. We discussed use cases, traffic management procedures and their impacts on traffic efficiency, safety, and emissions, the role of digital infrastructure, V2X communications, system integration, and the creation of a roadmap.
Participants had an excellent opportunity to challenge distinguished speakers and panellists.
- We had a two-day programme. During the first, more technical day we mainly addressed the work done in the TransAID project. In contrast to this, the second day opened the floor for various stakeholders such as policy makers, OEMs, ... in a more interactive way.
Click on the titles to download the presentations; videos are available in HD Ready (720p) and Full HD (1080p) formats.
Wednesday 1 July 2020:
- 14h00: Start of conference
- 14h05: Opening and conference introduction (Julian Schindler, DLR, Sven Maerivoet, TML) [720p 1080p]
- 14h10: Overview of projects on cooperative and automated road transport (Georgios Sarros, EC) [720p 1080p]
- 14h25: Overview of TransAID, key findings, and summary (Julian Schindler, DLR) [720p 1080p]
- 14h40: Enhanced traffic management (Sven Maerivoet, TML) [720p 1080p]
- 15h00: Modelling of automated driving (Evangelos Mintsis, CERTH/HIT) [720p 1080p]
- 15h20: Break
- 15h30: Cooperative V2X communication (Miguel Sepulcre Ribes, UMH) [720p 1080p]
- 15h50: Simulation and field testing (Julian Schindler, DLR) [720p 1080p]
- 16h10: Interactive discussion
- 16h25: Closing remarks (Julian Schindler, DLR) [720p 1080p]
Thursday 2 July 2020:
- 13h30: Start of conference
- 13h35: Conference introduction (Jaap Vreeswijk, MAPtm, Sven Maerivoet, TML) [720p 1080p]
- 13h40: Introduction to theme 1: Digital Infrastructure (Sven Maerivoet, TML) [720p 1080p]
- 13h45: Digital Infrastructure: A local road authority perspective (Lesson shared from Gothenburg/Polis) (Mikael Ivari, City of Gothenburg and Polis, Chair of Traffic Efficiency Working Group) [720p 1080p]
- 13h50: Roadmap towards Cooperative, Connected and Automated Driving (Jacqueline Erhart, Asfinag) [720p 1080p]
- 14h00: Discussion [720p 1080p]
- 14h20: Wrap-up theme 1 [720p 1080p]
- 14h30: Break
- 14h40: Introduction to theme 2: Remote Management (Jaap Vreeswijk, MAPtm) [720p 1080p]
- 15h30: Break
- 15h40: Introduction to theme 3: Operational Design Domain & Road Classification (Julian Schindler, DLR) [720p 1080p]
- 16h30: Closing remarks (Jaap Vreeswijk, MAPtm) [720p 1080p]
Results of the polls: