Joint TransAID-MAVEN workshop with US CAMP
25 July 2019 (Detroit-Michigan, USA)
On Thursday 25 July, a delegation of both TransAID and MAVEN projects went to the US, Detroit (Michigan) to meet with the 'Crash Avoidance Metrics Partners' (CAMP) group consisting of OEMs. During the meeting, we presented detailed information on our both projects, and had fruitful discussions and an exchange of ideas regarding the deployment of (C)AVs, advanced traffic management, and the next-generation of communication standards and interfaces.
Location: CAMP LLC : 27220 Haggerty Road, Suite D-1, Farmington Hills, MI 48331 (Detroit Area)
- Welcome and introduction (Julian Schindler, German Aerospace Center)
- From connected manual to cooperative automated driving: the EU automotive roadmap for V2X (Michele Rondinone, Hyundai METC)
- Management of CAVs through transition areas and signalised corridors (Meng Lu, Dynniq)
- Traffic management for transition areas (Sven Maerivoet, Transport & Mobility Leuven)
- V2X solutions for infra-assisted automated driving (Michele Rondinone, Hyundai METC and Alejandro Correa, UMH University)
- Cooperative and Automated Driving: modelling and simulation (Evangelos Mintis, Hellenic Institute of Transport)
- Cooperative and Automated Driving: prototypical implementation and testing (Julian Schindler, German Aerospace Center)
- Wrap Up (Julian Schindler, German Aerospace Center)
You can find our traffic simulations at the Videos section.