Joint CoEXist/MAVEN/TransAID workshop
10 Oct 2017
Vehicle automation: implications for city and regional authorities
The H2020 projects hosting this workshop, CoEXist, MAVEN, and TransAID, are all exploring the implications of increasing vehicle automation on urban roads. They are mainly considering the traffic management and infrastructure aspects of automated vehicles. CoEXist is also exploring the transport planning and policy dimensions.
The primary aim of this workshop was to gather the views and requirements of local authorities and other urban transport stakeholder on various tasks underway or planned within the projects.
The audience was made up of urban transport stakeholders, with a particular emphasis on representatives of local and regional government. Participants were drawn from the consortia and expert groups of the respective European projects and city/regional transport authorities external to the projects.
- Welcome and introduction
- Brief introduction to projects and small group activities:
- Self-driving Cities: Will we have them? Do we need them? Do we want them? Bart van Arem, TU Delft
- The automated vehicle activities of selected cities:
- Automation in urban areas – Polis position paper Suzanne Hoadley, Polis
- Round I of parallel small group sessions CoEXist, MAVEN and TransAID
- Wrap up and closure of the workshop